Scavenging is one of the mission types in Rebuild: Gangs of Deadsville. It can be done on unclaimed, as well as player-owned city grids, as long is there are resources in those grids. Food are marked by an apple icon, and all other resources are marked by a backpack icon. Grids with horde activities cannot be scavenged.
- Time: varied
- Danger: varied, depends on
- Amount of zombies.
- Distance to the nearest claimed block.
- Benefits from:
- Scavenging skill (speed, possibly chance to find items)
- Scouted blocks (reduces danger)
- Amount of survivors (reduces danger)
- Total Defense skill (reduces danger)
- At least one survivor has a vehicle equipped (ignores danger from distance)
- Remove food and other resources from the grid, add to player's own stash.
- Chance to find equipments.
- Improve Scavenging skills.
- If not previously scouted, the block will become scouted. (not effected by "improved scouting" tech or perk)
- If the player reclaims a building that still has resources on it, it won't be automatically collected and has to be scavenged.
- Scouting first makes the mission safer.