Rebuild: Gangs of Deadsville isn't done just yet! Here's a list of some of the stuff that will be added now that the game's been released on Steam Early Access.
- Campaign Mode, a progressive journey through a dozen cities of increasing size and difficulty
- Hundreds of new random events
- Longer multi-event plotlines for each faction
- Interactive zombie and faction attacks
- New zombie types and smarter, more dangerous faction raiders
- Survivor relationships & children
- Hundreds of new survivor faces and mix & match outfits
- Equipment that actually looks like what it says it is, along with a bunch more art
- A proper ending to the game, and some other secret ways to win
- Balancing and tweaking of every aspect of the game based on player feedback... including making Impossible actually impossible (or at least harder)
The best place to find all the most up-to-date Rebuild information is the official Rebuild forums, but here's a little history lesson of what we went through to get to where we are now.
- November 2012: Started collecting ideas for the new game.
- February 2013: Finished first design pass and started programming.
- April 2013: Hired Adam Meyer as an artist. Half of the game's base framework in place.
- May 2013: Started adding content (techs, events, factions, plots).
- September 2013: Added part time illustrator Sara Gross and writer Stephen Gray to the team.
- October 2013: Kickstarter campaign raised $40k. Soundtrack announced.
- November 2013: The game is now half finished, private alpha started.
- May 2014: A beta version of the game is released on Steam Early Access!