Missions are useful in-game actions performed by your survivors. Every survivor is on a mission at all times. The default mission is Guard Duty, which they'll automatically return to after completing any other assigned mission. Missions are used to scavenge for supplies, kill zombies, reclaim buildings, interact with factions, hunt, as well as do other useful things outside the fort's walls. Survivors can also be assigned to missions inside the fort, such as farming and research.
Survivors can be assigned to missions in one of two ways:
- By dragging and dropping a survivor's portrait onto the desired mission area. This will bring up a radial menu with all the missions available for that survivor at that location.
- By clicking directly on the building or area in which the mission is to be performed. From here, selecting the "Start Mission" tab will allow you to select the desired type of mission, as well as the survivor(s) to assign to it.
Rebuild: Gangs of Deadsville has a large variety of missions available for survivors to accomplish. The availability of these missions depends on the survivor's location: areas outside the fort have different missions from those inside the fort, for example, and the presence of resources, zombies, or other factions affects the range of missions in an area.
Inside the Fort
- Guard Duty - The default mission. The survivor will guard the fort walls, reducing the risk of injury or territory loss from a zombie attack.
- Build - The survivor will replace or destroy the building in the selected area. Costs materials.
- Upgrade - The survivor will improve the defenses of the selected building. Costs materials and requires research.
Outside the Fort
- Scout - The survivor scouts the area, revealing the surrounding geography and providing information on any survivors, resources, and/or zombies present.
- Kill Zombies - The survivor kills any zombies in the area, making it safer for other mission types.
- Scavenge - The survivor collects any resources that may be available in the area.
- Recruit - The survivor attempts to enlist anyone in the area to join the fort.
- Reclaim - The survivor fortifies the area, adding it as a secure location to your fort. Costs materials.
Other Factions Fort
- Scout - *Scout - scouts the building, providing information on survivors present, number of zombies, resources and revealing the surrounding area.
- Raid - Sends survivors to raid the other faction, stealing some of their supplies, weakening them and lowering respect.
- Attack - Sends survivors to attack the other faction, destroying their walls around that square and making it unclaimed, potentially killing some of their survivors and weakening them. Lowers respect.
- Trade - initiates a trade with the other faction.
- Attack - Sends survivors to attack the other faction, destroying their caravan/raiders/attackers and potentially gaining you resources.
Building specific list
- Farm - Farming, by assigning a survivor to farm you increase the farms food output. Inside fort only.
- Church - Preach, by assigning a survivor to preach you will gradually increase moral. Inside fort only.
- Bar - Bartend, by assigning a survivor to bartend you will gradually increase moral. Inside fort only.
- Field - Hunt, a survivor assigned to hunt will produce food. Outside fort only.
- Park - Hunt, a survivor assigned to hunt will produce food. Outside fort only.
- Lab - Research, allows you to research technology. Inside fort only.
- Workshop - Create Items, allows you to create items such as ammunition or explosives. Inside fort only.
The standard mission menu, is accessed by clicking directly on the "Square" you wish to perform a mission on and clicking start mission. This will present you with mission options based on the "Square" type and its location, after selecting your mission type, you will be able to select the survivors to assign to the mission from a list.
The radial mission menu, is accessed by dragging and dropping survivor portraits on a "Square". This will bring up the radial mission menu, which lets you select the mission you with to perform using the survivors you dropped on the square.